Wednesday 19 October 2011

CREATIVITY WEEK

I listened to my song about three or four times, doodling on a piece of paper. The main imagery I came up with was boxes and drawn hearts. I also had the idea of people following and watching each other.
This is influenced my decision to make my video very literal, fitting to the lyrics.


Research


bluegrass: 

  • American roots
  • sub-genre of country
  • mixed roots in scottish, english, welsh and irish traditional music
  • inspired by Appalachian immigrants
  • influenced by African-American, jazz elements
  • stringed instruments - guitars



Chinese pop:

  • literally pop music sung in a Chinese dialect
  • 'contemporary music sang in Chinese dialects in Shanghai'



indie pop:

  • alternative rock music that originated in the UK, mid 1980s
  • roots in Scottish post-punk bands
  • 'indie' has been used to describe people on independent labels

No comments:

Post a Comment