Thursday 3 November 2011

REDUNDANCY AND ENTROPY



Redundancy what is predictable, what you expect to see.
e.g. an man driving a car


Entropy what is unusual or unexpected, not what you expect to see
e.g. a dog driving a car





Redundancy, entropy and my music video?


Considering my music video is going to be folk/bluegrass, I want to use the redundant image of guitars, and playing a guitar.
However I also want it to be entropic, so that it isn't like other conventional folk music videos. I will achieve this by having lots of different narratives within the video. I think this is really unpredictable in the folk genre, as we tend to only see the artist/band in their music videos, performing the song.
Also, I think by making the video more entropic, it would suit the target audience as it would be quite different and exciting. I don't think that they would like normal, predicable videos. For my video, the targeted audience were about 15-25 year olds, mostly female, many are university students, enjoy listening to alternative music, like playing the guitar and like to be individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment