Friday 24 February 2012

EVALUATION - question 2, How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

The combination of my digipack, advert and music video was effective. One reason for this is the use of natural lighting whilst filming and taking photographs. This made the pictures look similar, as well as typical of the folk genre.



Coherency was also shown through the use of props. I had taken pictures of a wooden box for the digipack and advert. I then had the box in the video. This was useful, as it illustrated the song name; 'Heart in a box' and it helped make the video and print tasks look similar.



 The print work and the video didn't match completely, as the performer was not featured in the print work, but in the video only. However, I did shoot the clips of the performer in similar ways throughout the video, specifically a mid close up, which is a convention of the genre.

I used the same colours and font in the digipack and advert, however I did not use either in the video. Therefore my print production work is coherent, but does not match the video. However, I did use plain, natural colours, so the theme has been somewhat carried into the video as it was shot in a natural environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment