Friday 24 February 2012

EVALUATION - question 3, What have you learned from your audience feedback?

I showed my music video to some friends on Facebook. They left me the following comments:

scenery suited the genre stereotypes


lip syncing good, sometimes slightly off


slow paced editing matches the speed of the song


got a little repetitive


needed more locations

This tells me that my target audience were positively affected by the video, they agreed and understood the conventions of the genre that I used. It is also quite pleasurable for them, they enjoyed the shots that I used, for example one person said 'like the use of props and the tree shots'. They are taking a preferred reading.

However, if I were to remake or edit the video, I would take more varied shots in different locations, as my target audience suggested. I think that it is important to use suggestions from your target audience as they are the ones who will share your text and get it seen by more people.  I would also spend more time on the lip synching, so that it can be a good match all of the time, not just some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment